“For what?” you may be asking. And I would have no answer for you. For there is no way to know what challenges life has in store for you. And so we return to the question, “Are you ready?”
“What does it look like to be ready?” Now that’s a great question!
- You are willing to recognize when circumstances change, when the ‘way it’s always been’ is no longer valid, and when it’s time to see things with new eyes.
- You are open to the possibility that life may be drastically different next week or next month, than it is today, or than it was last week or last month.
- When a challenge appears in your life, you don’t spend (too) much time cursing it; you find a way to see it through a new lens, accept ‘what is’, and welcome the situation (even when it appears ‘icky’ or unpleasant).
- You understand that this challenge in your life isn’t here to punish you for something you’ve done wrong. You don’t take it personally, even when it looks personal. Instead, you acknowledge the difficulty of dealing with it and then deal with it anyway.
- You know that on the other side of this challenging situation lies a greater sense of peace, freedom, and joy than you are currently feeling or experiencing. You see the challenge as the gift that it is and honor its role in your life.
- You get that one day you’ll be able to look back at this time and see it with a softer focus, realizing its value to your path, its contribution to your growth, and its integral part of your essential nature.
“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait.” (Paulo Coelho)