If you woke up one morning to find a beautiful engraved invitation from life, just lying on your pillow, asking for your contribution, your gift to this world…what would it be inviting you to?
- For some it might be calling you to a lifetime of service to others, the planet, animals, children, a specific cause;
- for others perhaps the invitation is to be a steward, a guardian, a conservator;
- for some they might be called to a life filled with family and extended family, and providing family to those that have none;
- for a few they might be called to be a champion, a leader, a bright star, a model;
- for others perhaps it’s an invitation to be a mentor, a guide, a teacher;
- for some the offer might be to excel in a field or career, to transform an industry, to create or define a market, to reinvent a profession,
- for others, the call is to just BE, to be a living example of how a spiritual being can experience a human life, gracefully, luminously, vibrantly,
- and of course, there are an infinite number of other possible expressions that I haven’t mentioned here!
What is your unique invitation from life calling on you to do/be?
How can you share your beauty, your essence, your greatness, your perfection, your unique gifts with the world?
And if you’re saying, “Oh Elise, I can’t possibly make a difference…for I am just one person.” My reply would be to paraphrase a famous quote by Mother Teresa when someone asked her if one person could make a difference in the world…and she replied by saying something to the effect of “Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!”
Go forth and spread your gifts generously; share your blessings with others; enhance their lives through your grace, beauty, and sheer presence. Touch the lives of others with your love and friendship, your kindness and generosity, your deep heartfelt nature.
For it only takes one small light to dispel darkness. And within you lies that magnificent light — ignite it, fan it, and share your glow. The world needs your light, your gift, your blessing — it needs you.
What does your personalized invitation from life say?